Notice of Intent to Chemically Control Bladderwort Infestation
The LAPOA is planning to apply the herbicide Diquat in combination with a surfactant to treat the bladderwort infestation in Lake Amanda.
We will do an initial application of Diquat on Saturday, February 18, 2022. There will be a follow-up application of Diquat on or around Saturday, March 4, 2022.
Be aware that, per the Safety Data Sheets (download links below), the recommended time is 1-3 days prior to watering lawns with lake water and 0 days for swimming.
Please find below several documents related to the chemical treatment, including safety data sheets for Reward Aquatic Herbicide (Diquat Dibromide) and Induce Non-Ionic Surfactant which will be used for treatment.
- Reward Aquatic Herbicide
- Induce Non-Ionic Surfactant
- TDPW Aquatic Vegetation Treatment Proposal
- Approval for Treatment by Lake Owner - LAWCID
- Self-Certification Form for Level II Chemical Applicator (TPDES General Permit TXG870000)
- EPA Endangered Species Protection Bulletin
- Notice Sent to LAPOA Members on 1/28/2023
- Notice Sent to LAPOA Members on 2/2/2023